Deepalaya started in 1979 with 7 founding members with the objective of educating underprivileged girl children. Over the years, our focus has expanded from providing education only to children, to helping underprivileged women, youth and children become self-reliant through education and vocational training.
Milestones achieved by Deepalaya
- Educated more than 3,66,328 children and saved their lives from child labour, economic exploitation and child marriages.
- Trained 22,399 youth on vocational skills and made them self-reliant.
- Provided healthcare service to 13, 52, 265 beneficiaries including children, women, youth and elderly
- Trained 14878 girls on Menstrual hygiene management
- Given self-defence training to 30,000 girl so that they are able to save and protect themselves during untoward situation
- Provided career counselling to 5,346 children so that they can choose their life goals
- Community based rehabilitation of 4622 Differently abled and people with special needs,
- Served 1,71,68,823 meals
- 6500 children benefited through digital learning.
- Institutional care provided to 1749 children in need of care and protection (CINCP) under Juvenile Justice Act
- Supported 17892 women through 1616 Self help groups
- Promoted 8411 micro enterprises in 400+ villages
Deepalaya distributed dry ration and sanitization kits to more than 21500 families during
covid-19 supported 2200 families financially, promoted livelihood options
and impacted the lives of 7000+ children including those with special needs during the
pandemic with education and psycho-social counseling.